dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] build help ...

From: Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:47:46 +0100

This is probably because some dependencies are being kept as -SNAPSHOT
dependencies when they should not be, while other dependencies are not being
kept as -SNAPSHOT dependencies when they should be.

A quick rule of thumb is if the dependencies are within the same master pom
& scm root, then they can all be -SNAPSHOT. If they are in different SCM
roots, and there is no single pom.xml that will build them all then either
they should be tied with non-SNAPSHOT versions or you will need to update
them both and build them both repeatedly.

What I tend to do when working on two or three trees in different SCMs in
between releases is create a local pom that links all the separate SCM roots
on my machine. That way I can keep the dependencies as -SNAPSHOT and work
on the latest without having these build problems