dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Build issues: attn admin gui

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 20:56:13 -0700

Hi Bhakti,
Thanks for looking at the issue relating to admin console.
Please see my comments inline.

Bhakti Mehta wrote:
> Hi all,
> The build error should go now. Kohsuke committed a fix on the branch(
> svn commit no 21317,21318)
> and I have ported the same to the trunk, my local build worked and I
> checked this http://hudson.sfbay/job/glassfish-v3-devbuild/2055/console
>
> We have discovered bunch of issues here
> 1. We should not be depending on SNAPSHOTs pls look at how we can
> resolve this , admin gui has many dependencies in snapshots pls look
> at those for eg
> maven release will not work with snapshots so this needs attention
>
> org.glassfish.admingui:console-web-plugin:10.0-V3-PRELUDE-M1-SNAPSHOT--(compile)-->com.sun.woodstock:webui-jsf:4.2-SNAPSHOT

Sorry we weren't aware of this restriction. I believe there is 'non'
SNAPSHOT jars from the woodstock team now. We will remove the
dependency on SNAPSHOT jars. However, is this no SNAPSHOT
requirement only for the M1 branch for now ? How about the trunk ?
> 2.http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/faces/extensions/maven/jsf-extensions-master/0.1/jsf-extensions-master-0.1.pom
>
> uses properties for version ie.${jar.fullversion} in its pom but maven
> cannot resolve those so that value needs to be fixed
> We fixed this pom and Kohsuke helped us publish it a new version here
> http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/faces/extensions/jsf-extensions-common/0.1-glassfish-1/jsf-extensions-common-0.1-glassfish-1.pom

Ed will need to check the change.

> 3.shale-remoting pom
> http://download.java.net/maven/1/javax.faces/poms/shale-remoting-1.1.0-swdp-a.pom
>
> has dependencies but they do not have versions. This is the other pom
> we fixed and published pls check the versions and confirm for
> dependencies
> http://download.java.net/maven/1/javax.faces/poms/shale-remoting-1.1.0-swdp-c.pom

I am not sure who owns this pom, so i don't know whom to contact.
maybe Ed has idea.

thanks
Anissa.