dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: error when running the new admingui

From: Ken Paulsen <Ken.Paulsen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:54:51 -0700

Hi Sahoo,

Re-adding the dev alias.

Should I file a bug against the bnd plugin? Or do you think this is
correct behavior when the artifact name matches the last element of the
group id? To repeat my first email, I have the following in the pom.xml:

   <groupId>org.glassfish.jsftemplating</groupId>
   <artifactId>jsftemplating</artifactId>

After I build, I get the following in the MANIFEST.MF:

    Bundle-SymbolicName: org.glassfish.jsftemplating

Notice it only has 1 "jsftemplating" in the symbolic name. If I change
the artifactId to something else and make no other changes, I get the
expected results. For example, if I put this in the pom.xml:

   <groupId>org.glassfish.jsftemplating</groupId>
   <artifactId>jsft</artifactId>

I get this in the MANIFEST.MF:

    Bundle-SymbolicName: org.glassfish.jsftemplating.jsft

Notice now both the full groupId AND artifact id appear in the symbolic
name. This is what I expected to see.

So assuming this is a bug, where do I file the report? If it's not a
bug, can you explain why? And what I should do to work around this
strange behavior?

Thanks!

Ken