dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Request feedback on GlassFish V3 Admin Console one pager1

From: Nazrul Islam <Nazrul.Islam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:49:48 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Please provide us comments/feedback on the proposed admin console changes in Glassfish V3.
> An overall document describing this can be found at:
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GFV3AdminGUIOnePager

Thanks for writing the spec. Very nice. Here are some comments...

Section 4.1 - Update Center Integration
It is not clear in the spec what is the expected behavior when a new
version of the admingui.war is made available in the UC repository. How
will end user get the updated war? Will you allow end users to not
install the latest war?

Do we need a domain level modules directory for Prelude?

We used to have a "Restart Required" status on console. Are we going to
have that? If yes, will it reflect the restart required status when user
installs a module that requires server restart?

Section 4.1 - Branding Support
Please clarify what will be supported and how. If this is explained in
the pluggability spec, please provide necessary pointers.

Section 4.1 - Web Tier Support
Will there be any support for Grizzly configuration? Please see
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GrizzlyConfigOnePager

--
Nazrul Islam  -  (408) 276-6468  - Sun Microsystems, Inc.