dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Are we allowed to commit to the prelude branch?

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:31:45 -0700

On Jul 15, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Shreedhar Ganapathy wrote:

> There are rules to follow. KenC will send out guidelines on
> approved fixes to be checked in.
>
> Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM wrote:
>> Hi Jeanfrancois,
>>
>> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>>
>>> Salut,
>>>
>>> is there any rules to follow?
>>

>> I think there is a process to follow, but I'm not sure about the
>> details. :)
>> In my case, Shreedhar asked me to port the fix, so I did not have
>> to ask
>> anybody for approval.
>>

>> Jan
>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> -- Jeanfrancois

The only branch that currently exists is for milestone 1. V3 prelude
development continues as usual on the trunk, so no special
approval is needed on the trunk.

For the M1 branch (tagged v3_prelude_m1), only approved checkins
are allowed. M1 is targeted to deliver primarily the NetBeans plugin
and
the JRuby connector. There are currently two approved checkins
pending for M1, one from Shing-Wai, and another from Anissa.
If you have a fix that you think is needed for M1, please email
Jerome and me for approval.

Right now, Bhakti is working on getting the build running on the
M1 branch, so please hold off on approved M1 checkins until
Bhakti has a build running (probably later today, or possibly tomorrow).

Thanks,

Ken.