dev@glassfish.java.net

[GFv3] Using outdated SNAPSHOTs causing build issues

From: Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:36:28 -0700

We are investigating how to effectively use maven, but that's going to
take some time to implement in our build system. In the mean while, I
think we can reduce the number of problems we are seeing by following
some simple rules. One of them is to use 'mvn -u' appropriately. I see
lots of people are facing issues both during compilation and during
runtime, which are getting resolved when they either remove local maven
cache or delete some artifacts from local cache and build again. The
problem is that people are not using "mvn -u" when they should. Here is
a rule of thumb: /
svn update should be followed by mvn -u/.
Once you used mvn -u, you don't have to use -u option until you
refreshed your workspace or started to build some module which was not
earlier built.

Thanks,
Sahoo