dev@glassfish.java.net

V2 UR2 Creating a platform independent installer jar from sources

From: Hudalla Kai (CI/TMP ) <"Hudalla>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:30:34 +0200

Hi,

I have been able to build the v2 ur2 release from source. However, after
having applied some patches I would like to create a installer jar in
order to be able to install on other machines. I have seen the
build-jarinstaller target in maven.xml but it seems to create an
installer tied to the build platform, i.e. when building on Windows it
will include only the windows templates for the bin/ scripts etc. When I
then use the generated installer jar on a Linux system, the setup fails
because of the missing unix templates. How can I create an installer jar
that will work on both Windows and Linux?

Kai