dev@glassfish.java.net

/admin on v3 TP2

From: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:43:54 -0700

I installed a Rails application using GlassFish v3 TP2. The default URL
of the application is http://localhost:8080/account/signup. But clicking
on Submit button redirects to http://localhost:8080/admin.

At this time, instead of showing the application /admin page, the
GlassFish admin console page shows up. Reserving /admin URL on the root
context in application domain (port 8080) seems to be interfering.

Now if I deploy admin.war then localhost:8080/admin shows the
appropriate index.jsp. So it seems somehow webapps override the Admin
Console URL but not Rails apps.

Couple of questions ...

- Why admin console URL is overridden for Rails app and not for web apps ?

- How can I ensure that application URLs are displayed instead of admin
URL ?

Thanks,
-Arun
--
Application Platform, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta