dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Re1: V3: org.glassfish.common.glassfish-api version

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 04:31:18 -0700

Tim, others,

Please help me understand this better.

You revved Module X from Version v1-> v2.

All currently checked out workspaces with all modules that depend on
X will have an effective pom.xml that refers to "v1". If these modules
have been built at least once with X at v1, they should continue to
build right until there is an update. [I am hoping that we are doing
away with SNAPSHOT versions].

All new checkouts/updates of workspace would show that they depend on
v2 for module X. This should trigger a "download" of new binaries into
your local repository (~/.m2), assuming X(v2) has been pushed into one of the
maven repositories we depend on. I assume upload of X(v2) to a remote
maven repo happened.

So, I guess I fail to understand why this failed. Of course, there are
several things that I don't understand about our build system, but this
looked like a straightforward use case that we are going to run into
every now and then.

Regards,
Kedar