dev@glassfish.java.net

detecting api versions for Java EE 6 Profile determination....

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:21:27 -0700

I was reading through the ejb 3.1 spec and found the required APIs list
(section 21.2)

It seems like tools will need to be able to detect which APIs a
container is supporting at a pretty fine grained level...

Do all/any of the apis listed have a sure-fire way to determine the
version/subset that is available?

Obviously, I can write a tester... that queries the container to
determine if all the necessary API are present and have the correct
version, by doing things like looking up classes and methods, etc....

Do the APIs listed have something better?

For example...could the EJB 3.1 have a method that would tell me whether
the container had the "full" API or just the "required" subset?

This would be very helpful...

vbk