dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Javac warnings are OFF by default in the build system!!

From: Byron Nevins <Byron.Nevins_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:31:29 -0700
The one machine that ALWAYS prints compiler warnings is also the only machine using JDK6.  That must be the reason.

I can't get the other machines to display warning no matter what I do including this:
mvn -Dmaven.compile.deprecation=on -Dmaven.compile.compilerargs=-Xlint:unchecked
I'm guessing it is a javac setting somewhere -- not Maven

Byron Nevins wrote:
I recently discovered that warnings from javac are squelched by maven.  I build on 3 machines.  2 of them never show warnings.  One of them does.  I have no idea why.

Shouldn't we have warnings on by default in V3 -- they are PLENTY of them -- so that we can look at getting rid of them?  It seems like fixing FindBugs issues should take a backseat to bona fide compiler warnings.

Does anyone know what magical incantation to add to settings.xml to turn on warnings -- the maven doc is kind of painful....

--
Byron Nevins Work 408-276-4089, Home 650-359-1290, Cell 650-784-4123 - Sun Microsystems, Inc.