dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: 400 error when running a simple web app using NB and GF v3

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 07:24:51 -0700

Jennifer Ball wrote:
> Thanks, Ludo. I just installed that plug-in yesterday. I wonder why
> it's so old..
Because Nb Uc contains only stable bits. The current ones are for the V3
release done in February.

The bummer is that the Prague team has holiday today (May 1rst) and I am
not sure the new bits got pushed yet.

As a workaround for today and the next few days, do that:

1/ uninstall your current GlassFish V3 Module plugin
2/ follow the steps to register the development update center (
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/arungupta/archive/2008/04/totd_32_rails_d.html
)
3/ make sure you only select the module named "GlassFish V3 Java EE
Integration" , not the old "GlassFish V3 module" and not the jRuby one
since you do not want to dowload the entire jRuby runtime.

After installation, register a server type called "GlassFish V3 TP2".
The download button will download the V3 tp2 bits from last night (they
could be updated today and tomorrow as well, since TP2 is not yet out)

ps: the Nb developement update center contains many other modules, many
of them would not work with the Nb 6.1 FCS bits, so do not download
other modules from there other that the one for GlassFish V3 TP2.

All things will clear up with the GF release next week.
Ludo