dev@glassfish.java.net

QuickLook instructions do not work: "class org.testng.TestNGAntTask cannot be found"

From: Lloyd L Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 13:34:26 -0700

Directions for running quicklook are misleading and have a mistake:

1. First, "V3 Installation" is *not* an installation, it's a build
artifact under 'distributions'--very misleading terminology). Can we
not test against an installed build?

2. Per the instructions, the directory "distributions/web/target/
glassfish" DOES NOT EXIST after my build. I see:

ls distributions/web/target
fragments stage web-10.0-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar web.zip

So what should the value of -Dglassfish.home={V3 Installation} be???

Directions need to (a) use accurate terminology, (b) be correct, (c)
work the first time.

Lloyd

On Mar 12, 2008, at 12:10 PM, Dinesh Patil wrote:
> V3 Build instructions, guidelines are posted now. You can find
> Quicklook instructions also in the page.
>
> Please use this for your integrations for smooth, stable development.
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3BuildTests
>
> There is a V3 FAQ link, so feel free to add your tips, findings
> about V3 build on this page.
>
> thanks
> Dinesh

---