dev@glassfish.java.net

api to determine if a particular domain is running

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:17:09 -0700

Hi,

If I have multiple builds of v3 installed on a single machine, they all
end up getting assigned to the same ports... This question is NOT
related to how to change ports to avoid this port clash...

Since there are multiple domains that COULD be running when the ports
are occupied, how do I determine which domain IS the one answering requests?

One assumptions is the following: I have a list of possible domains that
I need to check, identified by directory path.

In the V2 plugin we have a hack; we know the domain directory. we get
the domain directory from the server that is answering on the admin port
and compare the two values.

Will v3 be able to provide something better?

vbk