dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish fails on single-byte requests (maybe Grizzly issue?)

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:00:56 -0400

Hi,

w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as a result of the following thread in the Glassfish-forum I did some wiresharking.
>
> Forum thread:
>
> Now it looks like Glassfish has problems with requests which consist of single-byte TCP-packets. Now this shouldn't happen all too often BUT it is the reason why one cannot telnet on Windows to Glassfish. And I consider this to be a serious issue for developers using Windows (Cygwin works fine but not the native Windows client).

Just that client, right? I always use the telnet client from another
machine when testing on win32. Let me take a look...

> I do not subscribe to the Grizzly lists so I am not allowed to post there. Can anyone please forwards this mail to the Grizzly-dev list, since I guess this is a Grizzly issue?

Do you know which GlassFish version fail? I suspect removing the
following line:

<property name="proxiedProtocols" .../>

might fix the problem (haven't tested yet). Anyway can you file an issue
so we keep track of it?

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois