dev@glassfish.java.net

passing Java options to v3 thru startserv

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:25:02 -0700

I was looking at easy way to pass system properties or java options
while using v3 startup script 'startserv'.

Can we not have JAVA_OPTS env variable to pass such values:

11c11
< exec java $JAVA_OPTS -jar
"$AS_INSTALL_LIB/admin-cli-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" start-domain --verbose "$@"
---
 > exec java -jar "$AS_INSTALL_LIB/admin-cli-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"
start-domain --verbose "$@"
I tried and it does not seem to work. Although if I start using
glassfish-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar instaed of admin-cli-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar then
the system properties passed to java works! I could have made it work
using java -jar from command line but it is hard to automate or document
as the jar file name will keep changing across different v3 milestones
and providing options to the startup script to pass such otions to java
is available in most of the web servers such as tomcat (catalina.sh).
-vivek.