dev@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v2.1 Beta HCF : 06 March 2008

From: Harpreet Singh <Harpreet.Singh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 14:15:11 -0800

Hi

Beta Code Freeze Information:

As a follow-up to last week's mail, we would like to let everyone know
that we will be having GlassFish Beta HCF on 3/6/08 @ 11:30 PST.
This is to align with SailFin's HCF which is scheduled on the same day
(see attached email from SailFin lead).

SailFin Critical Issues Checkin Information:

We are working on creating new beta branch and from then on, fixes
relevant for SailFin beta would only be allowed in that new branch. The
branch will be created after our scheduled promotion.
As previously done - changes will be very controlled and all check-ins
would need an approval.

GlassFish Related Issues Information:

After the branch is created, other APPROVED fixes not relevant to
SailFin and APPROVED P3 fixes can be checked into the the main branch
(SJSAS91_FCS_BRANCH).

NOTE: THIS CAN BE DONE AFTER I SEND THE EMAIL WITH NEW BRANCH
INFORMATION - NOT TODAY :-).

New Issues Approval Guidelines:

Please go through this page if you have questions regarding check-in and
bug approval process.
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=CheckinGuidelinesForSailfin

What's Next?

An email from me in the next couple of days with the branch information.

Thanks again for your patience.
Harpreet