dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: The maven build and command-line arguments....

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 12:34:58 -0800

Naman wrote:
> hi vince,
>
> You can pass using -D option maven -D <target>.

Yes... that assigns values to system properties for the JVM that is
running maven.

The problem is this: maven runs ant in a new JVM. This new JVM does not
inherit any of the system properties from the maven JVM...

> Can you send me your updated build.xml file so I can figure out this
> error?

I will update sailfin/tools/build.xml later today, so you will be able
to see the problem concretely.

I am adding three overridable properties to build.xml:
netbeans.dist.root.url: the url of the directory that contains the
netbeans zip file.
netbeans.zip.file: the name of the netbeans zip file to download...
   the complete url would be
${netbeans.dist.root.url}/${netbeans.zip.file} in ant-speak.
netbeans.install.dir: the root of the a local netbeans install.

vbk