dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: how to build v3 offline ?

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 08:56:45 +0530

Anissa,

Try setting the "updatePolicy" to "never" in your ~/.m2/settings.xml for
the java.net repositories like this:
        <repository>
          <id>java.net-m2-repository</id>
          <url>http://download.java.net/maven/2</url>
          <layout>default</layout>
          <snapshots>
            <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
          </snapshots>
        </repository>

Do this for http://download.java.net/maven/glassfish repository as well.

When you want to refresh things, run mvn -U option.

Thanks,
Sahoo

Anissa Lam wrote:

> [...]
> updates from java-dev-repository
> [INFO] snapshot org.glassfish.build:build:10.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for
> updates from repo1.maven.org
> [INFO] snapshot org.glassfish.build:build:10.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for
> updates from maven2.java.net
> [INFO] snapshot org.glassfish.build:build:10.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for
> updates from maven2.java.net-backup
> [INFO] snapshot com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin:0.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking for updates from glassfish-repository
> [INFO] snapshot com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin:0.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking for updates from glassfish-repository-wsinterop
> [INFO] snapshot com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin:0.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking for updates from maven2.java.net
> [INFO] snapshot com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin:0.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking for updates from maven2.java.net-wsinterop
> [INFO] snapshot com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin:0.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking for updates from java-dev-repository
> [INFO] snapshot com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin:0.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking for updates from repo1.maven.org
> [INFO] snapshot com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin:0.2-SNAPSHOT:
> checking for updates from maven2.java.net-backup
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: com.sun.enterprise
> ArtifactId: hk2-maven-plugin
> Version: 0.2-SNAPSHOT
>
> Reason: System is offline.
>
> com.sun.enterprise:hk2-maven-plugin:pom:0.2-SNAPSHOT
>
> NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in
> your local
> repository will be inaccessible.
>

> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 1 second
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Feb 29 09:34:08 PST 2008
> [INFO] Final Memory: 3M/8M
>
> Thanks
> Anissa
>

> Anissa Lam wrote:
>>
>> Kedar, Thanks for sharing your instructions.
>>
>> It seems that building with 'mvn -o install' works for the day
>> until it passes 'mid-night'. ie , the day changed. It will then
>> try to bring over or require new SNAPSHOT jars if it has changed.
>> At least thats my experience. I have done '-o' repeatedly during
>> the day without needing to update any artifact and then the build
>> failed when i do the same thing around 12:10am. And this happened
>> before.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Anissa
>>

>> Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>>> Do you build HK-2 sources, at least once?
>>> Maybe doing that would solve the problem.
>>>
>>> Otherwise, I don't know why this won't work,
>>> of course, based on my very limited understanding
>>> of Maven and our build system. But I have been
>>> routinely successful in doing mvn -o compile
>>> and mvn -o install of v3 sources.
>>>
>>> The recipe that has been working for me:
>>> 2- co hk2, build using mvn install.
>>> 3- co v3, (or a portion of it) and build using mvn install.
>>> 4- now make changes to v3 sources and always build as mvn -i install.