dev@glassfish.java.net

[problem]"rendezvousWithDAS" of NodeAgent

From: Tang Yong <tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:18:47 +0800

Hello KM,
Hello GF)Dev Teams,

  I have a problem related "rendezvousWithDAS" of NodeAgent.

 According to the content of "rendezvousWithDAS" method in CreateNodeAgentCommand.java,
I found that If the created NodeAgent is at the same machine as the DAS, the NodeAgenet will not
rendezvous with the local DAS until the nodeagent has been starting up.However, if the NodeAgent
is at the remote machine and will be controlled by the central DAS, the remote NodeAgent will rendezvous
with the central DAS when the remote NodeAgent is created.

  So, I am eager to want to know that why the remote NodeAgent needs to rendezvous with the central DAS
when the remote NodeAgent is created? Why did not the process of "rendezvous with the central DAS" put in
the remote NodeAgent startup?

In addition,I have some considerations about the problem:
1 If when the remote NodeAgent is created, the remote NodeAgent will not rendezvous with the central DAS,
then,the remote NodeAgent can still finish the action of rendezvous during the nodeagent's startup.After all,the
central DAS's MBeanServer's ConnectionInfo can be aquried during the nodeagent's startup.

2 Whether or not the design is based on the performance of nodeagent startup?

3 What differences (or advantage) are the two modes(rendezvous with the central DAS in "creating phase " vs "starting phase")?

Could you please to help me solve the above problems?

thanks very much!

Best Regard!

                                                                                                  ----------Mike.Tang