dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why is universal module not a HK2 module?

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:11:39 -0700

I think we need to warn users of potentials pitfalls doing this.

Just like using a plain jar file as a module is dangerous because jar
files usually do not express well their dependencies (sometimes with
classpath manifest attributes), and usually rely of the environment to
be set correctly (java -cp...).

A module can be used as simple jar file if the environment is set
correctly. however, access to eventual module apis or hk2 services are
of course not guaranteed.

so it takes careful efforts to cross the river each way, although I do
agree that it is doable.

jerome