dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why is universal module not a HK2 module?

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:43:05 -0700

Sahoo wrote:
> What stops a HK2 module jar from being used in a non-HK2 environment?
>
> Thanks,
> Sahoo

Sahoo,

I think the basic question is if I delivering some utility code that
- does not use HK-2 facilities, annotations etc.
- provides simple API and implementation to do something,

what is the best way to "package" it -- as a "jar" or "hk2-jar"?

For such a module, what additional benefits would you get by
packaging it as an hk2-jar?

Regards,
Kedar