dev@glassfish.java.net

[look for help] sth doubt about EJB Container's pool and cache

From: 呉傑 <wujie_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:14:51 +0800

Hello Mahesh Kannan,
Hello Siraj Ghaffar,
Hello GF) Dev Teams,
Hello Everyone,

I'm am got confused by monitoring EJB on glassfish.
The monitor log gives me some images bleow.
1, The instance of EJB3.0 Stateful Session bean is always not
removed from passivation store when timeout.
#I think it should be removed when timeout.
2, When deploy an SFSB application on GF, monitor it without
running it, and find out that the passavation store is not empty.
#I think it should be empty.
3, The RemoveCount of SFSB will not be increased when calling
an @Remove method
#I think it should be increased.
4, When deploy a module which contains several beans(for
assumption Bean1, Bean2, Bean3), when one request for Bean1,
and there is no available instance of Bean1 in the pool, EJB
Container will create some new instances for each bean(why not
Bean1 only), the number of new instance is equals to Resize
Quantity the setting in GUI for pool and cache.
#I think EJB Container should create new instance for Bean1 only,
it will improve GF's availability for more beans.
5, When customize Initial and Minimum Pool Size and leave the other
setting for default(600 for Pool Idle Timeout), the setting for Initial
and Minimum Pool Size will not take effect. But when customize 30
for Pool Idle Timeout, the setting will take effect.
#I am eager to know why.

Did anyone get the same situation? and anyone's help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Wu.

--
A new email address of FJWAN is launched from Apr.1 2007.
The updated address is: wujie_at_cn.fujitsu.com