dev@glassfish.java.net

New GlassFish FAQs

From: Gail Risdal <Gail.Risdal_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:36:24 -0800

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that I've added and updated quite a few FAQs
on the GlassFish wiki. The list is below. Most of the additions and
changes were made to the User FAQ; a few others were made to the
Developer FAQ (which unfortunately has had little to no activity since
it was launched!), and to the Wiki FAQ.

Most of the information was culled from recent threads on the mailing
lists/forum. Hopefully I got things right, but by all means please
correct anything I missed or misrepresented and also add any
enhancements of your own.

Which reminds me. So much great information is shared here and it would
be good to capture it in the FAQs. If you discover a solution or provide
one and feel it's a good candidate for an FAQ, please add it! These FAQs
are community resources and the more contributors the better. The main
page of each FAQ also has a wishlist section (i.e., questions for which
answers are still needed, especially for the User FAQ), so that's
another way to contribute.

And as always, any feedback about the GlassFish FAQs in general -- Are
they helpful? Do you use them? What would make them better? -- is most
welcome.

Thanks!
Gail

GlassFish User FAQ:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishUserFAQ

NEW:

-Is GlassFish v2 UR1 supported on AIX?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqAIXSupportV2UR1

-Does GlassFish v2 UR1 work on Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqRHELSupportV2UR1

-How do I get the number of active connections in GlassFish?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqNumberActiveConnections

-How do EJBs communicate between an Enterprise Application and an EJB
Module?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqEJBCommunication

-How do I upgrade GlassFish?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqUpgradeGlassFish

-What is the life of an object?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqLifeOfObject

-Can I deploy existing J2EE web applications on GlassFish?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqDeployExistingApps

-JSF component authoring made easy? Is that really possible?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqJSFTemplatingWoodstock

-Multiple virtual servers and ServletContextListener?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqWebAppVirtualServers

-How do I log output to standard output instead of the server.log file?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqLogStandardOutput

-Who's using GlassFish in production? What are their experiences?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqUsingInProduction

-How do I block a specific IP address in GlassFish?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqBlockIPAddress

-How do I use asadmin to add properties to a JCA RA pool?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqJCA_RA_Pool

-Isn't there an easier way to install GlassFish? What about the IzPack
installer?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqEasierInstall

-How do I file an RFE for GlassFish v3?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqV3RFE

-Does NetBeans need to be installed on the same production box as
GlassFish for GlassFish to access NetBeans jar files?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqAccessNetBeansJarFiles

-Can I use the load balancer plugin with an Apache server? How do I do it?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqPluginWithApache

UPDATED:

-What's different in GlassFish v2 UR1?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqGlassFishV2UR1

-What platforms are supported in GlassFish v2 UR1?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqSupportedPlatformsV2UR1

-How do I contribute to this User FAQ?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqContributeToUserFAQ

GlassFish Developer FAQ:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishDeveloperFAQ

NEW:

-How do I get started with GlassFish v3 development?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqV3DevGetStarted

UPDATED:

-How do I contribute to this Developer FAQ?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqContributeToDeveloperFAQ

GlassFish Wiki FAQ:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishWikiFAQ

NEW:

-Why can't I edit a GlassFish Wiki page?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqWikiCannotEdit

-How do I log out?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqWikiLogOut

UPDATED:

-How do I edit a wiki page?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqWikiEdit

-Do I need to log in? How do I register?
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqWikiLogIn