dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: deployed war not showing up after server restart

From: vince kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:04:38 -0800

I was discussing this with other folks on the plugin team... and they
brought up an interesting point that I haven't seen in this
discussion... though I might have missed it...

Since we have a couple different layers... we probably want to have a
layer.. like the asadmin command that is deterministic (pauses until the
server is really ready) and have a lower layer (like the http layer) be
more responsive and less trustworthy...

Folks that are using the http layer would "know" that the api has a
different behavior than asadmin (which would probably leverage the lower
level api...

vbk