dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Instructions for pushing binaries to maven repository

From: Sreeram Duvur <Sreeram.Duvur_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:31:12 -0800

Sahoo,

Hierarchical workspaces have been used in Solaris and JDK development
engineering to great effect (using Teamware). Check-ins to lower
level workspaces can be done without much effort. Checking into
higher level workspaces require increasingly rigorous testing to make
sure that the changes do not break builds or cause any test
regressions on other platforms or modules. A golden workspace at the
top is always "production ready" i.e it always builds and passes the
prescribed regressions. Mercurial facilitates this style of
independent working in each module area without impacting others. I
support what Bill is saying here: We must consider adopting
distributed SCM.

Sreeram