dev@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v3 gem for JRuby on Rails v0.1.1 released at RubyForge

From: Pramod Gopinath <Pramod.Gopinath_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:55:06 -0800

Hi
  After having released v0.1.0 last week and having seen the positive
response for this gem, I have decided to release a new version of the
gem to address some of the common issues that were reported. Hence today
I have pushed out v0.1.1 of the gem at RubyForge. Please give it a
couple of hours for the gem to be reflected on the various servers.

More details about this release can be found at my blog
<http://blogs.sun.com/pramodg/entry/glassfish_v3_gem_v0_11>.

The main issues being addressed in this release of the gem :
1. The name of the gem is being changed from GlassFish to glassfish. The
rails naming convention for the gems is with all lower case or with
names that contain underscore.
2. Support for the applications to be deployed at the Root Context ("/")
of the server. The Webrick and Mongrel servers deploy the application to
the root context by default.
3. Change the default port the server to be 3000 from 8080. Port 8080
has been the default http port of the GlassFish application server, but
since we are targetting the Ruby on Rails market with this space, it is
better to have the http port set to 3000. At this stage I have also
changed the SSL port from the GlassFish default of 8181 to 3131 and the
admin default port of 4848 to be 3838.
4. Provide command arguments to the script to specify the number of
runtime to be created. In v0.1.0 of the gem one could specify the number
of runtimes if it was passed in as a specified as a java system
property. With this version one could use the command - jruby -S
glassfish_rails mephisto -n 2
to create 2 rails instance.
5. Create instances of rails in parallel. This would speed up the
startup of the v3 gem

Thanks
Pramod Gopinath
http://blogs.sun.com/pramodg