dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: question about v3 administration plans

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:06:04 -0800

Hi Wolfram

I am not sure which document you are referring to but I can certainly
tell you that v3 will maintain compatibility with regards to
administration. You will still have a backward compatible CLI
commands, the console will also be delivered (but will become more
modular to accommodate the number of application containers that can
be installed) and finally AMX the API to configure programmatically
will also be supported.

We are planning to continue using only one xml file so far, I know it
has drawbacks but we often found that users like to see the product's
configuration as one consistent co-location set of information. We
have also buried the ability to split it if the dev community feels
this is something we should do

HTH, Jerome