dev@glassfish.java.net

question about v3 administration plans

From: w.rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:57:18 +0100

Hello,

I have read on some of the GF blogs/wikis/whatever that GF from v3
onwards would be managed mainly by config files. Now I cannot find this
document any more but am nevertheless still wondering what this means.

If this means that there are more files with smaller scopes each instead
of one large domains.xml I'll be more than happy. If on the other hand
this means that configuration is done by files rather than being able to
use asadmin (like in one way xor the other) I won't be too happy. But of
course the former doesn't necessarily imply the latter.

On the other hand I've read somewhere else in the wiki that the web
based admin console and asadmin should match in scope (with some few
exceptions like asadmin start-domain). So this sounds promising and I am
quite hopeful that asadmin stays the powerful tool it nowadays is.

Hopefully s.o. on this list can provide links to documents explaining
what _really_ is going to happen with regards to adminstration files,
asadmin and the admin console.

Thanks,

Wolfram Rittmeyer