dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: adding a new module--snapshot doesn't show up

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:16:23 -0600

Hi, Lloyd.

I'm not sure this is the best approach, but because I have not published
my new module (named, for the moment, appclient) to a maven repository
yet the other thing I did was to follow the suggestion in the error message:

> Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
> Then, install it using the command:
> mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.sun.enterprise
> -DartifactId=appclient \
> -Dversion=0.1-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=build -Dpackaging=jar
> -Dfile=/path/to/file
For me "downloading" was really just locating where the JAR is in the
directory structure: v3/${module-name}/target/${jar-name}.

This is so that maven2 could find my newly-built module JAR, since the
distribution is defined with dependencies on the various modules and it
looks for them in the defined repositories.

Also, I edited the top-level pom.xml to define
<appclient.version>0.1</appclient.version> and then referred to
${appclient.version} in my module's pom and the distribution's pom.

I'm not sure that's the right place or way to set the version, but I had
understood that each module will certainly be evolving at different
speeds and with different version IDs, not all inheriting the same
version pe.version.

But maybe I'm wrong. Sometimes I feel like I'm stumbling along a bit
with all this!

HTH.

- Tim