dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3 workspace refresh

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:56:39 -0800

Sahoo wrote:
> Dinesh,
>
> It was my mistake; I did not catch it in my environment as I had built
> and installed Felix version 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT in my local maven repository.
>
> Jerome,
>
> Thanks for making that change to get the build going. I have now changed
> the pom.xml so that we don't depend on Felix at all, we just depend on
> org.osgi.osgi_R4_compendium version 1.0 for additional OSGi interfaces.
>
> Sorry, if the broken build caused trouble to others.

I *strongly* suggest that people configure their maven settings so
that local repositories are associated with a project and not shared
across all projects for a particular user, to avoid problems such as
this. I do this on Solaris by using a shell script to start a sub-shell
for each project. The script sets the WS environment variable to the
root directory for the project. I put this in .m2/settings.xml:

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
                       http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
   <localRepository>${WS}/.m2/repository</localRepository>
</settings>

This doesn't work so well if you manage all your projects through a
single NetBeans instance. Maybe someone can come up with a maven extension
to handle this more dynamically.