dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: where does the LICENSE.txt come from?

From: Byron Nevins <Byron.Nevins_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:37:23 -0700

Bill,

Thanks for the email tips. I got it to work and it was fairly pain-free.

What I was doing was setting up JDBC Auth on my private GF server.
Anyone can register for an account at my site, and an email gets sent
out. The email has a link back to my site where a Servlet will clear a
special column out of the Auth DB. I could disable logins until they
click the link if I wanted (by looking at the column in one of the Auth
tables) -- but I don't bother...

If you want to be a guinea pig and try it:

http://www.bnevins.com/ToDoList

(The ToDoList app is useful but primitively simple and glaringly ugly.
I've spent 90% of the time getting JDBC Realms and SSO working)

Emailing is *so* easy that I think I'll dream up more uses for it now!