dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish gem feature requests/bugs

From: Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nutter_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 01:33:57 -0500

Jerome Dochez wrote:
> seems like glassfish_rails still does not have executable rights after
> the install despite it is declared as the default executable in the gem
> make file. anything I can do about that ?

That would be a bug in JRuby if it's true, but I thought we'd resolved
it. I just tried it on JRuby trunk with "rake" installation and it set
modes properly. A couple points:

- trunk tries to use JNA to invoke the posix chmod, otherwise falling
back on Java 6 permission APIs, otherwise falling back on shelling out
to 'chmod' command
- 1.0.1 tries Java 6 apis and 'chmod', but I think there were some
issues with the way rubygems was set up in 1.0.1. If you're running
1.0.1 and it's not setting executable, report it as a bug please and
I'll see that it gets fixed...

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY

- Charlie