dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Leaks in GF2/Tomcat 6?

From: Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nutter_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:38:25 -0500

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
> I need to investigate more, but the fact that both TC6 and GlassFish
> showed the leaks brings me to their classloader (this is one piece that
> are similar).
> I don't think we disable GC. But the Web classloader is probably my
> first candidate to look at as soon I can reproduce the problem :-)

http://crossproduct.net/~adam/upload_test.tar.gz

That's a link to a small rails app that provides a file upload
functionality. According to Adam, friend of JRuby, two file posts cause
OOME in GF2 and Tomcat 6.

I may not have time to help get this deployed and all, but anyone who's
done Rails+WAR file stuff should be able to deploy and try this. I'll
try to help as I can (RailsConf next week taking up time).

- Charlie