dev@glassfish.java.net

V3 update

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:40:55 -0700

Hi All

I have substantially changed the v3 code to now use the Hk2
configurable feature. With this feature, we do not read the
domain.xml using jaxb generated classes but a set of annotated
classes that will be injected with data extracted from the domain.xml
with a xml streaming parser implementation.

Startup time was negatively impacted about 200ms but we are still
well under 1 second startup on my slightly obsolete powerbook.

More code re-factoring/cleaning to come as some more features will be
added in Hk2 soon.

With this change, we are now capable of configuring GlassFish with a
subset of the current domain.xml (useful for domain specific
glassfish distributions) or a superset (useful when random containers
are added without our immediate knowledge/control). Dynamic,
extensible configuration still relying on injection and lazy
instantiation means the disappearance of the domain.dtd or other
forms of controlled configuration data.

I am writing some documents to explain this into more details, I
should be pushing those sometimes this week.

Jerome