dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with jstl code. Unable to locate the tld

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:02:00 +0530

I am curious to know how GlassFish picked up your version of the JSTL. I
expect a container to use its own version even if the war bundles a
version of JSTL, for JSTL is a standard tag library and there should be
an implicit mapping in the container for JSTL URIs. Do you set
delegation = false in your sun-web.xml?

Thanks,
Sahoo

Uday wrote:
> Hi Kim,
>
> Thanks for comments. Yeah I have older jstl version which got bundled
> along war file which is creating the issues. I removed it and it's
> working fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Uday.
> Kin-man Chung wrote:
>> The error message indicates that the compiler thinks the TLD for <c:set>
>> cannot accept the expression ${webtop} for the attribute "target".
>> However, I have verified the TLD for c:set does allow expressions for
>> the attribute "target", so something funny is happening here.
>>
>> I have also verified the following JSP fragment works for me without
>> problem.
>>
>> <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"
>> %> <jsp:useBean id="foo" class="java.util.Date"/>
>> <c:set target="${foo}" property="month" value="0"/>
>> ${foo}
>>
>> So, it seems that Glassfish is behaving correctly for me.
>>
>> The only explanation I can think of now is that there might be
>> another version of jstl in your application which got picked up instead
>> of the one bundled with glassfish, and that that jstl contains a bad TLD
>> for c:set.
>>
>> -Kin-man
>>

>> On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 01:20, Uday wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a jsp file which has the following lines
>>>
>>> line 5 : <%@ taglib prefix="c"
>>> uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>
>>> line 18: <jsp:useBean id="webtop"
>>> class="com.tarantella.tta.portlet.WebtopSessionBean"/>
>>> line 19: <c:set target="${webtop}" property="webtopSession"
>>> value="${TTA_SESSION_OBJECT}"/>
>>>
>>> When I deploy the application, I am getting the following error.
>>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /jsp/login.jsp(19,0) PWC6236:
>>> According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute
>>> target does not accept any expressions
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:62)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:357)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:185)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator$ValidateVisitor.checkXmlAttributes(Validator.java:1165)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator$ValidateVisitor.visit(Validator.java:834)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$CustomTag.accept(Node.java:1482)
>>> at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2257)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(Node.java:2307)
>>> at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(Node.java:2313)
>>> at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Root.accept(Node.java:481)
>>> at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2257)
> [...]
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator.validate(Validator.java:1837)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:195)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:409)
>>> at