dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: PU with TX Type JTA

From: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:14:51 -0700

> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/ss141213/archive/2005/12/introduction_to.html
> as this is a simple servlet that Sahoo created.
persistence.xml in the blog is:

<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence" version="1.0">
     <persistence-unit name ="em1"/>
</persistence>

This is very different from the one generated by default now. Does it
seem right ?

>>> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/lancea/archive/2007/06/using_java_web.html
>> This is a recent entry and has way too much details for HW.
> could u please explain what HW is? Is it Home Work?
Hello World :)

>> Bullet#5 says "default data source jdbc/sample". This is not valid for
>> GlassFish V2 b50/NB 5.5.1. My code is now:
> This is the old sample default DataSource config in Glassfish.
> jdbc/__default is what ships now.
Hmm, I don't see any in my NetBeans :(

>> oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.DatabaseException
>> Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Table/View 'COMPANY' does
>> not exist.
> I would enable logging via
> <property name="toplink.logging.level" value="FINE"/>
Where/How do I specify this entry ?

> to see what is happening at deploy time as it looks like your table is
> not being created.
Yes, I can see that from the error message. But what's weird is that I'm
seeing this message during em.query and not during em.persist.

-Arun

--
Technology Evangelist
Web Technologies and Standards