dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin unistall-addon does not work

From: Sreenivas Munnangi <Sreenivas.Munnangi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:38:31 -0700

Manveen Kaur wrote:

> Hi Sreeni,
>
> Let's imagine a scenario where I have installed a module, and started
> my appserver, which will then configure it.
>
> Now I want to uninstall it and reinstall the same module (this is
> particularly applicable when I am testing the module).
> So what you are suggesting is that everytime I want to try out new
> bits of my module, I have to call uninstall, then follow the
> unconfigure steps as outlined below and then reinstall and reconfigure.

I was not suggesting but just describing the existing process :-)

The addon feature needs improvements and we are planning to address them
in V3.

If the installer has not changed, then the steps you described for
unconfigure should suffice, just make sure that you copy the updated
configurator.jar to lib/addons.

> Is this the process that one is supposed to follow? Is there no
> shorter way to do this?

> Thanks
> Manveen
>

> Sreenivas Munnangi wrote:
>
>> Manveen,
>>
>> The command uninstall-addon is expected to uninstall the plugin and
>> for unconfiguring, the procedure you described should work.
>>
>> The uninstall-addon command will cause the method uninstall() to be
>> invoked and the implementation is usually expected to do the inverse
>> of install.
>>
>> I'll be in office on Monday and we can discuss in detail if you have
>> more questions.
>>
>> thanks
>> sreeni
>>
>> Manveen Kaur wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am unable to undeploy my module using "asadmin uninstall-addon
>>> module" on windows.
>>> I don't see an error message but then nothaing happens. The jars
>>> remain in the addons directory.
>>> Is this a known issue?
>>>
>>> As a workaround I have to
>>> To disable or unconfigure or enable or configure the module
>>> configurator,
>>> edit SDK/domains/domain1/config/domain-registry file and restart the
>>> domain.
>>>
>>> i) To unconfigure Module addon from SDK, then set
>>> module_configurator_${version}.configured=false in domain-registry
>>> file.