dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: "maven checkout" broken for modules

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:52:19 -0700

>> I changed "checkout" to "checkout-pe". After that I did
>> "maven bootstrap build". The bootstrap works, but the
>> build fails.
>
> We don't use any "-pe" goals now, instructions are updated for this.
> You checked out only 2 modules by passing -Dmodules flag, but while
> building you are trying to build all the modules by not passing
> -Dmodules flag (which is default case)
>
> It seems that some recent updates broke by module build instructions.
> When I try to do a "maven -Dmodules=activation,mail checkout" I get:
>
> so if you do "maven -Dmodules=activation,mail clobber bootstrap build"
> build will go through fine. You may have to run "clobber" again to
> cleanup any corrupted glassfish image.

Hmmm... I must've messed up my build script somewhere along the line.
I probably didn't realize that I needed the -Dmodules for the build
target when I had to split the single "checkout bootstrap build"
command into two separate invocations of maven to fix other problems
I was having.

Sorry, my mistake.