dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 and HK2

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 06:37:44 -0700

Hi Stefan.

> Is this also the place to ask questions about V3 and HK2?

Jerome, Kohsuke and I were just discussing this yesterday.

Our inclination was to start a new DEV @ HK2 for discussions specific to
the HK2 modular system, while keeping the V3 discussions here. The
argument for a separate forum was that there will be other applications
of HK2, and a spearate forum would encourage them. Similar to the case
of Grizzly. Either approach has its own PRO and CONs, so we can fine-tune.

> I am very interested in in deploying non-web stuff in Glassfish. For
> example Spring applications, network servers, etc. Is that one of the
> goals of V3 too?

YES!

> I get the impression that the container, deployer and
> sniffer objects are all very web centric at the moment. For example
> Sniffer.getURLPattern.

We will have to wait for Mr Jerome to surface after J1...

        - eduard/o