dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: HA/in-memory replication

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:59:51 -0700

Ashish Sahni wrote:
> While I'm waiting for the answer to my original question -
> I installed sun webserver 6.1 and this is error I'm stuck at now while
> trying to start the web server
>
> [https-hysteria.sfbay.sun.com]: failure: CORE3170: Configuration
> initialization failed: Error running init function load-modules:
> dlopen of /abc/gf-cluster/slb/plugins/lbplugin/bin/libpassthrough.so
> failed (ld.so.1: webservd: fatal:
> /abc/gf-cluster/slb/plugins/lbplugin/bin/libpassthrough.so: wrong ELF
> class: ELFCLASS32)
>
> A file on libpassthrough shows
> /abc/gf-cluster/slb/plugins/lbplugin/bin/libpassthrough.so: ELF 32-bit
> MSB dynamic lib SPARC32PLUS Version 1, V8+ Required, UltraSPARC1
> Extensions Required, dynamically linked, not stripped
>
> hysteria is a 64bit sparcv9 box.
> Is this is a 32/64 bit mismatch ?

Most likely. I am not sure if the 64-bit binary is available.
The only option in this case is to boot your Solaris box in
32-bit mode (ugly, but I am not sure if something else would
work).
> I'm following directions form
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/build/GlassFish_LB_Cluster.html
> libpassthrough.so is downloaded from step#1 of the loadbalancer plugin
> installation steps.
>
> And my original email questions still holds. Any takers to either ?
>
> Thanks
> Ashish
>

> Ashish Sahni wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Is there a way to test in-memory replication between two instance of
>> a cluster
>> on a single machine without setting up the sun-webserver +
>> load-balancer ?
>> Can another glassfish instance be configured to act as the load
>> balancer ?
Consider that you have two instances "foo" and "bar" in
a cluster.

If the intent is just to "test" that session is preserved,

- deploy an application by setting availability-enabled=true on it.
- change the session attributes by "physically" contacting "foo".
- change the session attribute.
- stop instance "foo".
- actually contact "bar" and see if you can see the change.

Thus, the "work-around" is to contact the servers yourself,
rather than through load balancer. Again, this is a work-around.