dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: GlassFish build failure]

From: Dinesh Patil <Dinesh.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:31:11 -0700

Bill Shannon wrote:

> Dinesh Patil wrote:
>
>>> Here's what I do:
>>>
>>> cd glassfish/bootstrap
>>> maven clean
>>> rm -rf ../../publish/*
>>> maven checkout bootstrap-all build
>>>
>>> If that's not what I'm supposed to be doing to get a clean build
>>> every time, what *should* I be doing? Do I need to do a "cvs update"
>>> as the second step? I would've thought "maven checkout" would do that.
>>

>> bootstrap-all updates bootstrap module also to update any binary
>> dependencies. bootstrap doesn't update as its not required for this
>> goal.
>

> So why did my build fail?

 From Bill's workspace, I looked at the project.properties (which is
updated to latest jsftemplate binary), it downloads correctly during
bootstrap-all, but this newly updated properties are not loaded by ant.
Maven uses reactor to load new updated properties but ant uses older one
when "maven checkout bootstrap-all..." and during this command
project.properties got updated but doesn't get loaded in Ant memory.

So that's why Bill's build is later failing in admin-gui.

Attempting to download jsftemplating-1.0-03292007.jar.
6/457K^M12/457K^M17/457K^M24/457K^M30/457K^M32/457K^M39

 [echo] Unzipping jsftemplating-1.0-03272007.jar to
/cache/tmp/glassfish-build/glassfish/bootstrap/../../publish/glassfish
    [unzip] Expanding:
/cache/tmp/glassfish-build/glassfish_dependencies/jsftemplating/jars/jsftemplating-1.0-03272007.jar
into /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/publish/glassfish

So if you add checkout command before bootstrap-all, this will solve
such issues. The change in your build script would be as below:

cd glassfish/bootstrap
(
maven clean
rm -rf ../../publish/*