dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: I need to re-assign bug 6545419

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:23:32 -0400

Hi Siva

the problem is not with the WebappClassloader. The problem happens
because a component (an object) outside the WebContainer is caching the
WebappClassloader for future usage (most probably a Thread). When the
application associated with a WebAppClassloader is undeployed, that
WebappClassloader becomes invalid. Any tentative to re-use this
Classloader will throw a ThreadDeath exception. Hence if a component
have reference to that Classloader, trying to load a class using it will
result in a exception.

We are currently working with the Corba team to find where the Context
Classloader (WebppClassloader) is cached.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois