dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: GlassFish build failure]

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 15:29:43 -0700

Anissa Lam wrote:
> If you are doing 'bootstrap-all', it should have worked. Have you

It didn't. Want to debug it?

> update glassfish/bootstrap directory itself BEFORE doing bootstrap-all.
> Remember, if you do 'cd glassfish/bootstrap; maven checkout
> bootstrap-all build configure-runtime', the bootstrap directory will
> NOT be updated, and thus you will still be building with the OLD
> version of staged jar.

Here's what I do:

cd glassfish/bootstrap
maven clean
rm -rf ../../publish/*
maven checkout bootstrap-all build

If that's not what I'm supposed to be doing to get a clean build
every time, what *should* I be doing? Do I need to do a "cvs update"
as the second step? I would've thought "maven checkout" would do that.