dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: start-node-agent and timeouts

From: Peter Fabian <Peter.Fabian_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:45:18 +0200

kedar wrote:
> AFAIK, there is a timeout (sigh, not configurable), that
> will times out the node-agent waiting for an instance to
> go to the "STARTED" state. The code shows it to be 5 minutes.
ok, Im not sure that I waited 5 min. can I file an rfe to have this
timeout configurable somehow?

> I'd be interested in knowing when you experience this.
> Can you attach server.log for node-agent and that for
> failing instance? Information about setup would be useful
> to diagnose the problem, too.
plan to post logs/details later.
my setup is simple, Ive a pretty new build, installed with the
clustering profile and Ive a nodeagent and a cluster with 2 instances
all on my laptop (on windows)
this pretty often happens when you stop one cluster instance and restart
later, I remember mq and iiop cannot connect messages from the log.

--
Peter Fabian
Sun Software