dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Couple Questions

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:33:29 -0700

Ted Ferretti - ITSTAR wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Couple questions I was hoping to get feedback on;
>
> * Advantages of using JAX-WS over other SOAP web service
> implementations (e.g. Axis)? How does JAX-WS compare in terms of
> performance?
JAX-WS 2.1 RI is a feature rich and high performant web services stack.
For details on the features and performance number comapred to AXIS see
my blog[1] that gives some details on it.

> Why JAX-WS over SOAP?

You mean why JAX-WS over AXIS?

Apart from rich feature set, high performance and extensibility, it is a
reference implementation of JSR 224 and guarantees your developed
applications to be portable as defined in these specs. Also it conforms
to WS-I Basic Profile 1.1 for better interoperability.

-vivek.
[1]http://weblogs.java.net/blog/vivekp/archive/2007/02/jaxws_21_fcs_fa.html