dev@glassfish.java.net

default StaX provider is com.bea ...???

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 00:59:22 -0800

I ran a program to parse an XML using GlassFish V2 and JDK 5.
I have javaee.jar in the classpath. And I am surprised to find
that the default value of the provider implementation class
is:

com.bea.xml.stream.MXParserFactory!

I understand that javaee.jar contains only the API, but then
why is the default provider coming from "com.bea"? The detailed
error is below.

The StaX implementation integrated with GlassFish V2
is in webservices-rt.jar, right?

Thanks.

1.

javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
com.bea.xml.stream.MXParserFactory not found
      at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:72)
      at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:176)
      at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:92)
      at
javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newInstance(XMLInputFactory.java:136)