dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: SQLAnyhwhere: Is it OK to "fake" a sequence?

From: Lance J. Andersen <Lance.Andersen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:37:46 -0500

Hi Markus,

Perhaps i missed it, can u explain why you feel you need to fake this?

If the Database does not support SEQUENCE, i would not fake it.

Having support for IDENTITY is enough.

Once/IF ASA implements SEQUENCE then it is worth adding to ASA support
in Toplink Essentials. Until then i would avoid adding this feature.

regards
Lance

-lance