dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSP debugging issues with V2 b33

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:11:10 -0800

Vince Kraemer wrote On 01/31/07 03:46 PM,:

> Jan Luehe wrote:
>
>> Peter,
>>
>> Peter Williams wrote On 01/31/07 08:48 AM,:
>>
>>> The default is false? That means that all development projects will
>>> have to manually know about this and turn it on (or the IDE will
>>> have to be smart enough to figure it out).
>>

>> See Kin-Man's earlier reply: Netbeans is going to set both
>> "keepgenerated"
>> (which will write out the generated .java) and "saveByteCode" (which
>> will write
>> out the generated .class) to true when running on Java 6.
>

> Is there a way to set these flags without embedding it into the
> deployed web-app?
>
> Are there some DeploymentProperties values that can be used?
>
> An AMX api that can be used after the app has been deployed but before
> the JSP pages in the app are accessed?

These props can be set globally as init params of the JspServlet
declared in default-web.xml,
or individually per webapp in sun-web.xml.

I'm afraid you won't be able to change any of these settings after
deployment and
before one of the webapp's JSPs is accessed, because these settings are
implemented
as servlet init params (as opposed to bean properties), which are not
exposed to AMX.

Jan