dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: BETA branch for entity-persistence-tests module?

From: Dinesh Patil <Dinesh.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:00:30 -0800

If test modules are part of main source modules e.g. admin-core has lots
of unit tests, they get checked out as part of the build and so will be
tagged/branched. But build/release engineer will not know the rest of
the test modules if these are separate ones, as build scripts won't
checkout it as part of build and tagging/branching will miss that.
"glassfish" top-level module has lots of the modules in it, we don't
checkout all of it, only the required modules to build glassfish V1, or
V2 will be used to tag/branch.. Module-owners will only know exactly
which modules they depend on if those are separate than appserv-tests or
main modules.

Marina Vatkina wrote:

> Dinesh,
>
> Can you explain the reason of not branching test modules?
>
> thanks,
> -marina
>
> Dinesh Patil wrote:
>
>> This module seems to be unit test module, not checked out and build
>> as a part of nightly build.. so this won't be tagged or branched..
>> Does anything from this module goes into glassfish installers or
>> bundles? if yes then please send the details which modules apart from
>> the what's been built in glassfish, we can add this to the
>> tagging/branching scripts.
>> thanks
>> Dinesh
>>
>> Michael Bouschen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> today I checked out the BETA branch (cvs tag SJSAS91_BETA_BRANCH)
>>> and noticed that the entity-persistence-tests module is not
>>> branched. Is this on purpose? This module includes the junit tests
>>> for the entity-persistence module (the toplink essentials JPA